- Red-Stemmed Wild Grape - ampelocissus indica Medicinal use
- बबूल के औषधिया प्रयोग - (babool or Acacia arabica Medicinal uses in hindi )
- अशोक वृक्ष - Saraca asoca (विवरण, फायदे,uses in Hindi)
- Moringa oleifera (Drumstick tree)
- Double Coconut, sea coconut or Coco de mer Medicinal uses
- Bhandira (Clerodendrum infortunatum) Medicinal uses
- Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla) Medicinal use
- Pudina (Mentha piperita) Medicinal uses
- Jupha (Hyssopus officinalis) Medicinal uses
- Country borage (Parnayavani-Plectranthus amboinicus) Medicinal uses
Herbs - Medicinal plants usage and Identification Data base
Tylophora indica (Burm. f.) Merrill.
Synonym : T. asthamatica Wight & Arn.
Family : Asclepiadaceae.
Habitat :- Assam, West Bengal, Orissa and Peninsular India.
English :- Emetic Swallow Wort, Indian or Country Ipecacuanha.
Ayurvedic :- Antamuula, Muulini, Arkaparni.
Siddha/Tamil :- Nay Palai, Nangilaippiratti.
Action :- Leaves—used for bronchial
asthma and allergic rhinitis.The whole plant yielded alkaloids
including tylophorine, tylphorinine,desmethyltylophorine and desmethyltylophorinine,and a flavonoid kaempferol.
The root yielded alkaloids, tylophorinidine and gamma-fagarine.
The leaves gave tylophorinidine, dsepticine, d-iso-tylocrebrine; triterpenoids
alpha-and beta-amyrin; betasitosterol, stigmasterol and campesterol;
phenylalanine; and quercetin. Ceryl alcohol has also been reported
from the plant The plant exhibited anti-amoebic activity against axenic and polyaxenic strains of Entamoeba histolytica.
Tylophorine and 4-methoxy-14- hydroxytylophorine are 2 and 4 times
more effective, respectively, than the standard drugs Emetine dihydrochloride
and Metroindazole. Tylophorine is found effective in intestinal as well as
hepatic amoebiasis in test animals, but its gross toxicity excludes its potential
use in humans. Tylophorine also exhibits anti-inflammatoryand anti-tumour properties. Desmethyltylophorine gave promising
results in leukaemia.Thedrug irritates the digestive tract.