- Red-Stemmed Wild Grape - ampelocissus indica Medicinal use
- बबूल के औषधिया प्रयोग - (babool or Acacia arabica Medicinal uses in hindi )
- अशोक वृक्ष - Saraca asoca (विवरण, फायदे,uses in Hindi)
- Moringa oleifera (Drumstick tree)
- Double Coconut, sea coconut or Coco de mer Medicinal uses
- Bhandira (Clerodendrum infortunatum) Medicinal uses
- Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla) Medicinal use
- Pudina (Mentha piperita) Medicinal uses
- Jupha (Hyssopus officinalis) Medicinal uses
- Country borage (Parnayavani-Plectranthus amboinicus) Medicinal uses
Herbs - Medicinal plants usage and Identification Data base
Plumbago zeylanica, commonly known as Ceylon Leadwort or Doctorbush, is a species of plumbago with a pantropical distribution. Carl Linnaeus described the paleotropical P. zeylanica and neotropical P. scandens as separate species, but they are currently considered synonymous. Ceylon Leadwort is a herbaceous plant with glabrous stems that are climbing, prostrate, or erect.
The leaves are petiolate or sessile and have ovate, lance-elliptic, or spatulate to oblanceolate blades that measure 5-9 × 2.5-4 cm in length. Bases are attenuate while apexes are acute, acuminate, or obtuse. Inflorescences are 3-15 cm in length and have glandular, viscid rachises. Bracts are lanceolate and 3-7 × 1-2 mm long. The heterostylous flowers have white corollas 17-33 mm in diameter and tubes 12.5-28 mm in length. Capsules are 7.5-8 mm long and contain are reddish brown to dark brown seeds.
Plant extracts have shown potent mosquito larvicidal activity against the larvae of Aedes aegypti while showing no toxicity to fish . Hexane extracts of Plumbago zeylanica have showb activity against canine distemper virus.