- Encyclopedia of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants CD Rom , ISBN:9789385345098
- Embelia ribes Burm. F
- Ceropegia juncea Roxb
- Sonneratia caseolaris
- Cassia fistula- its Ayurveda property, usage and pharmacological study
- Medicinal Plants Image Gallery Part 3
- Medicinal Plants Image Gallery Part 2
- Medicinal Plants Image Gallery Part 1
- पारसीकवचा- Smilax china
- पार्वती - Linum usitatissimum
- पापचॆलिका- Cissampelos pareira (medicinal herbs)
- पातालगरुडी- Cocculus hirsutus
- पाण्डुरद्रुमः- Hollarhena antidysenterica
- पाण्डुफलः- Trichosanthes dioica (medicinal herb)
- पाण्डुकः- Oryza sativa (medicinal plant)
- पाण्डु- Teramnus labialis
- पाठी - Plumbago zeylanica
Herbs - Medicinal plants usage and Identification Data base
Plumbago zeylanica, commonly known as Ceylon Leadwort or Doctorbush, is a species of plumbago with a pantropical distribution. Carl Linnaeus described the paleotropical P. zeylanica and neotropical P. scandens as separate species, but they are currently considered synonymous. Ceylon Leadwort is a herbaceous plant with glabrous stems that are climbing, prostrate, or erect.
The leaves are petiolate or sessile and have ovate, lance-elliptic, or spatulate to oblanceolate blades that measure 5-9 × 2.5-4 cm in length. Bases are attenuate while apexes are acute, acuminate, or obtuse. Inflorescences are 3-15 cm in length and have glandular, viscid rachises. Bracts are lanceolate and 3-7 × 1-2 mm long. The heterostylous flowers have white corollas 17-33 mm in diameter and tubes 12.5-28 mm in length. Capsules are 7.5-8 mm long and contain are reddish brown to dark brown seeds.
Plant extracts have shown potent mosquito larvicidal activity against the larvae of Aedes aegypti while showing no toxicity to fish . Hexane extracts of Plumbago zeylanica have showb activity against canine distemper virus.